How to Rent
how to rent the maxwell house
1. SCHEDULE A TOUR - We recommend a site visit before you place a hold or book the Maxwell House for your event. Currently tours are offered by appointment only. We are not able to accommodate drop-ins as our building serves as a nonprofit office during the day. To schedule a tour please visit the Tours tab on our website, call our office, or show up to one of our monthly free open house events.
2. PLACE A HOLD We offer a FREE hold for one date of your choice. As of May 1st 2017, holds will only last 30 days until they are cleared from our system. During the 30 days your hold will only be affected if another party becomes interested in booking the same date. If this occurs, one of the event coordinators will contact you and give you priority in booking the space. If after 48 hours you have not completed your booking, the date will be released and offered to the other interested party. At any time during your 30-day hold, you may complete the following steps to secure your rental.
3. ACCEPT THE PROPOSAL - When a hold is issued you will receive a Proposal via email through our online WeddingWire booking system. The proposal will include the date, time, event type, contact info, and rental space you wish to use. The rates provided on the proposal should match those discussed during your tour or consultation with an events coordinator. Should rates change during your hold time, the rate listed on your proposal will still stand and you will not be charged an additional cost. If any changes need to be made to the proposal, please contact one of our events coordinators. Once you are satisfied with the proposal you should click the ‘accept’ button.
4. SIGN THE DIGITAL CONTRACT - Once you have accepted the proposal and decided to move forward in booking the Maxwell House please let one of our events coordinators know and they will issue you a digital contract through WeddingWire. The rental contract will include the rates and information listed in your proposal and can be easily signed online. You can download a copy for your records and refer to it at any time.
5. PAY THE 50% DEPOSIT - As soon as your contract is signed you will automatically receive an emailed invoice for 50% of your total. The invoice must be paid on the same day that the contract is signed in order to secure your booking. Invoices can be paid easily online with any major card. At any time you may download a transaction receipt through your client profile via WeddingWire.
6. COMPLETE THE SECURITY DEPOSIT FORM - Should any damage occur to the building as a result of your event, the Maxwell House may charge the credit card listed on the Security Deposit Form after alerting you of any damages. The card on file can be any major credit card and does not have to be the same card used to book the venue. We do not recommend mailing or emailing the form, as it contains sensitive information about your card.
7. PAY THE REMAINING BALANCE - The remaining 50% of your balance is due no later than 30 days before your event date. You will receive reminder emails and a digital invoice that will allow you to easily pay online at your convenience. Failure to pay your remaining balance at least 30 days before your event will result in your reservation being removed from our system.
8. SUBMIT A PROOF OF COVERAGE CERTIFICATE - Also known as Special Event Insurance, submitting a certificate of event coverage is standard at most venues. Policies should be 1 million in general liability and include alcohol, if you plan to have any at your event. Event coverage can be purchased from your insurance company or third party resources such as WedSafe. Event coverage is required, regardless of the purpose of your rental.
9. CONFIRM FLOOR PLAN & EVENT INFO - No later than 2 weeks before your event, you will need to schedule a consultation, via phone or in person, with one of our Events Coordinators to confirm the details of your rental. Coordinators will confirm your floor plan, amenities you require (such as tables, chairs), logistics for rental deliveries and pickups, etc.
10. EVENT FOLLOW-UP - After the event you’ll likely receive follow-up from one of our Events Coordinators to gather any feedback about your rental. At this time they will also take into account any possible damage to the building or issues that would result in a security deposit charge. We hope you are happy with your venue rental experience! Please leave us a review on our Yelp and/or Wedding Wire page!